Tue, 23 Jun|
Live Online Event via ZOOM
A Closer Look At Our Innate Resources
Nature provided us with a wealth of inbuilt resources. Developing and using these innate resources well is as integral to mental health as meeting our emotional needs – join Human Givens co-founder Ivan Tyrrell and Diploma tutor Carol Harper to explore them in more depth
Time & Location
23 Jun 2020, 09:30 – 16:00
Live Online Event via ZOOM
About The Event
Training from Human Givens College
Live online – this new workshop on Tues 23rd June gives you the unique opportunity to benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience of Ivan Tyrrell and Carol Harper from the comfort of your own home. There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions and for stimulating discussion. All you need is a quiet place to watch, a PC or tablet and a strong internet signal, the rest is easy – simply book your place as normal, and we will email you details of how to join the Zoom workshop
NB The training will be recorded in case anyone experiences technical difficulties on the day.
Why Take this course?
Nature provided us with a wealth of inbuilt resources to help us get our innate physical and emotional needs met.
They are a fundamental part of being human, what we call human ‘givens’, and can be usefully thought of as internal guidance systems that not only enable us to survive but to achieve remarkable things. They have been continuously refined over thousands of years and are still evolving.
A lot of attention is given to the importance of ensuring that people’s innate emmotional and physical needs are met well – but our resources are an integral part of this: if they are not fully developed, or are misused or even damaged, we can suffer greatly.
An in-depth understanding of these guidance systems, how they work and what they do for us, is essential if you wish to help others, improve our society, or understand yourself and those around you better. This is especially true if you are an involved parent, teacher, manager, or any kind of therapist. If you work with, or for, others you need this knowledge – understanding what makes us all ‘tick’ should be at the heart of everything we do.
What will you gain:
- A deeper understanding of yourself and others
- More insight into the holistic nature of the rich but incomplete patterns that we inherit from our genes
- How and why these patterns must seek their completion in the environment
- An increased understanding of how memory is involved in learning – from birth to old age
- Guidance about how malleable memory is and why forgetting is as important as remembering
- The unexpected science behind emotional arousal – how emotions are created moment by moment
- A deeper understanding of the APET model – and why metaphorical pattern matching is central to all human interactions and endeavours
- Greater insight into why emotions create trance states in us – and the role this plays in many disorders
- Why being able to go into trance is essential for learning
- A richer understanding of the important role imagination plays
- A better understanding of how dreaming preserves the integrity of our genetic inheritance
- The confidence and skills to build on the instinct for rapport and what happens when that instinct is only crudely met in infancy
- An understanding of how rapport plays an import part in language acquisition
- How to counter the blight of loneliness
- Why reasoning is important and so difficult for some people
- What it means to ‘know’ something
- How we can check out our own emotional responses and biases
- We also consider whether intuition is an innate resource and the role accessing the Observing Self has in spiritual development
- And much more…
No prior knowledge of the human givens approach is needed to benefit from this course.
Suitable for: All health and welfare professionals – and anyone interested in what makes us who we are
Human Givens College has been providing training in the best ways to treat mental health and behavioural problems for over 20 years. Our clear, practical mental health training gives you the key information and skills you need to help people overcome their difficulties as quickly as possible.
For more information and Booking please call 01323 811690 or visit the Human Givens College Website