Thu, 28 Feb|
Dublin, A96 K063
Brief therapy for stopping addictions – a practical skills-based day
Learn and practise the powerful skills derived from the human givens approach (which organically integrates the best brief therapy techniques) that are helping people overcome a wide range of addictions, including: alcoholism, heroin, smoking, gambling, sex and eating disorders.
Time & Location
28 Feb 2019, 09:30 – 16:00
Dublin, A96 K063, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin, Co. Dublin, A96 K063, Ireland
About The Event
As the number of people affected by addiction continues to rise, its treatment is undergoing a revolution.
New ideas and techniques from various schools of brief, solution-focused therapy are showing that it is possible to help most addicts transform their lives in a small number of sessions.
At this practical training day – which complements the online course Tackling addiction: Understanding how to stop all types of addictive behaviour – you will learn and practise the powerful skills derived from the human givens approach (which organically integrates the best brief therapy techniques) that are helping people overcome a wide range of addictions, including: alcoholism, heroin, smoking, gambling, sex and eating disorders.
These skills are essential if you wish to improve your effectiveness when working with any addiction.
What you will gain from attending:
- Demonstrations – by a leading expert in addiction counselling – of the powerful skills that help to quickly break the patterns of addictive behaviour
- Guidance and practise in using these yourself
- New insights into the addictive process and why people become addicted
- Essential motivational interviewing techniques (and how to incorporate them into the stages of change)
- Common traps to avoid when treating addictions
- Up-to-date knowledge of the most useful ways to beat a wide variety of addictions – and prevent relapse
- Ways to overcome resistance
- How to develop a treatment plan and deepen a client's commitment to change
- Increased understanding of the addictive trance and its false promises
- How to use narrative and harm reduction techniques
- An understanding of the importance of guided imagery in overcoming addictions, and the opportunity to use and experience it for yourself
- Co-morbid conditions – the link with addiction and how to deal with them as effectively and quickly as possible
- A new confidence that comes from knowing how much can be done – when you know how
- Course notes, CPD Certificate and more...
Who should attend?
All members of the caring professions, including: drug workers, youth workers, doctors, nurses, psychotherapists, counsellors, clinical psychologists, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, cognitive behavioural therapists, teachers, social workers, physiotherapists, support workers and anyone wishing to improve their understanding of addictive behaviour and how to treat it.
Price: £175 per person (inc. Refreshments, lunch and course notes)
For more information and booking head to the Human Givens College website HERE