Wed, 27 Feb|
Dublin, A96 K063
Guided Imagery and Visualisation - 1 Day Course
Guided imagery and visualisation, one of the most powerful psychotherapeutic tools, not only reduces emotional arousal quickly but can be used to reframe life circumstances. Learn this and more with this 1 Day Course
Time & Location
27 Feb 2019, 09:30 – 16:00
Dublin, A96 K063, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin, Co. Dublin, A96 K063, Ireland
About The Event
Strong emotions focus and lock attention – keeping people trapped in problem behaviours. Therapeutic change cannot happen until the emotional arousal is reduced.
This is why healthcare professionals need to know how to induce the relaxation response in patients. Guided imagery and visualisation not only reduce emotional arousal quickly but can be used to reframe life circumstances through metaphor and to rehearse in the imagination any required changed behaviours and/or feelings.
Among other things, guided imagery is an essential skill required for removing phobias, curing PTSD, lifting depression and raising self-confidence. When you become confident in using these skills, you can begin to bring patients out of the emotionally-driven trance states of a wide range of conditions such as anxiety disorders, addiction, anger, stress overload, depression and chronic pain.
That is why guided imagery is one of the most powerful psychotherapeutic tools known.
What you will gain from attending: (see website for full agenda)
- Powerful new ways to improve treatment outcomes
- Training and practice in using one of the most effective psycho-
- therapeutic tools available for treating a wide range of emotional and physical conditions
- Invaluable ways to motivate people, reframe life circumstances and instigate changes in behaviour
- Insight into how the mind/body communication system works
- Greater confidence when working with a wide variety of conditions
- Supervised practise in generating healing trances
- The core skills you need to acquire for the rewind technique for treating PTSD and phobias
- A variety of ways to help people relax
- Ways to reduce pain, including in childbirth
- Increased understanding of trance states and their role in everyday life
- Effective skills for helping people improve their performance – sports, public speaking etc.
- The opportunity to experience relaxation, guided imagery and visualisation yourself
- A scientifically-sound knowledge of why the various techniques and skills you will gain are so valuable
- Course notes, CPD Certificate and more...
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in gaining these invaluable skills but those involved in mental and physical healthcare in particular would benefit from attending.
The information and skills taught are extremely useful for dealing with: Stress; addictions; agoraphobia; allergies; anorexia; anger; asthma; bed wetting; blood pressure; bulimia; depression; lack of confidence; chronic pain; eczema; frustration; guilt; grief; hay fever; inhibition; insomnia; irritable bowel (IBS); relationship/marital difficulties; migraine; nightmares; obsessions (OCD); pain control; panic attacks; phobias (all kinds); sexual difficulties (impotence, premature ejaculation and vaginismus); shyness; skin disorders and trauma (PTSD); flashbacks; ulcers; warts and worrying.
You can also control blood pressure, stimulate the immune system, promote healing of damaged skin tissue and bones and give birth easier using guided imagery and visualisation.
Price: £175 per person (inc lunch, refreshments and course notes)
For more information and booking head to the Human Givens College website HERE