Sat, 01 Feb|
How to run a successful private practice: all you need to know.
Whether you are considering starting private practice, or want to develop your existing private practice, this workshop will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for running a successful private practice.
Time & Location
01 Feb 2020, 10:00 – 16:00
About The Event
Workshop presented by Dr Robert Watson, Clinical Psychologist, Accredited Cognitive Analytic Therapist & Supervisor, & Vice-Chair of the Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy.
This is the thirty third run of this popular and informative workshop. All previous participants rated the workshop as good or excellent, and rated their confidence in starting private practice as higher after attendance.
Workshop is suitable for:
Clinical/Counselling Psychologists, and Psychotherapists/Counsellors.
Setting up and running a successful private practice can be highly rewarding but it can be challenging. The workshop will help you:
1. Build a narrative of confidence as a therapist in private practice, and guide you towards helpful ways of relating to your work and self-management.
2. Understand and address the issues that you will face in setting up, developing and running a successful private practice.
3. Learn about the practicalities of marketing and how to incorporate an evidence-based approach to marketing (afternoon session allocated for this).
4. Understand data protection and how to make your practice GDPR compliant.
5. Know how to work ethically and safely, (including risk assessment).
6. Manage the demands on the self that come from working independently.
7. Nurture a stimulating workplace for yourself.
Whether you are considering starting private practice, or want to develop your existing private practice, this workshop will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for running a successful private practice i.e. obtaining work and making a living.
How will the webinar work?
This online training session will use Zoom, reliable and good quality software, for holding online meetings and webinars. You will be able to see and interact with your fellow participants throughout the day, and paired off in breakout rooms to work on tasks. You will be sent a meeting link by email and simply click on the link to reach the webinar. No prior download of software required. It is recommended that you disconnect where possible all your other devices from your Wifi network during the event, as this can sometimes affect the quality of your connection.
For more information and to book head over to eventbrite