How to run a successful private practice: all you need to know - Glasgow
Time & Location
About The Event
This is the thirtieth first run of this popular and informative workshop. Rated excellent or good by all previous participants. Whether you are considering starting private practice, or want to develop your existing private practice, this workshop will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for running a successful private practice.
- Workshop presented by Dr Robert Watson, Clinical Psychologist, Accredited Cognitive Analytic Therapist & Supervisor, & Vice-Chair of the Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy.
- Relevant for Clinical/Counselling Psychologists, and Psychotherapists/Counsellors.
- Early bird £95 until 8th September then £115.
- This will be the thirtieth run of this popular and informative workshop, but the first in Scotland. All previous participants from the previous twenty nine events rated the workshop as good or excellent.
Setting up and running a successful private practice can be highly rewarding but it can be challenging. Many therapists feel uncertain and unconfident about making the transition. The workshop will help you:
- Build a narrative of confidence as a therapist in private practice, and guide you towards helpful ways of relating to your work and self-management.
- Understand and address the issues that you will face in setting up, developing and running a successful private practice.
- Learn about the practicalities of marketing (afternoon session allocated for this).
- Understand data protection and how to make your practice compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Know how to work ethically and safely, (including online therapy).
- Manage the demands on the self that come from working independently.
- Nurture a stimulating workplace for yourself.
Whether you are considering starting private practice, or want to develop your existing private practice, this workshop will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for running a successful private practice i.e. obtaining work and making a living.
Participants are welcome to contact Robert Watson with any questions that arise after the workshop as he is always keen to hear how delegates have progressed with their private practice.
With average delegate satisfaction ratings of 93% across all the previous workshops, delegates liked the:
“Calm, reassuring, comprehensive review of most relevant issues. Liked & appreciated input of own personal experience, made it real”
“Really detailed information about how Robert does it. Lots of opportunity to ask questions. Great focus on marketing”
“A great workshop on running a private practice. Plenty of factual information and examples along with the opportunity for self-reflection. Highly recommended!”
"I attended Roberts workshop on running a private practice last Friday 17th March. I found it informative and extremely useful. I'm going fully independent in May and this has certainly helped my confidence levels."
“Being yourself, personal, open, transparent, warm & engaging – this enabled open discussion and inquiry”
“The specific guidance on practicalities – copies of therapy agreement are great. Guidance on outcome measures”
“Learning more about boundaries in private practice and issues arising and the need to hold onto these”
“Been a brilliant, informative workshop. Well worth the travel and emotional investment”
“Thank you. You’ve inspired me! It was exactly what I wanted to learn”
For further details and booking please head to Eventbrite