Mon, 24 Feb|
Institute of Biomedical Science
How to run a successful private practice: all you need to know. London Workshop
Whether you are considering starting private practice, or want to develop your existing private practice, this workshop will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for running a successful private practice.
Time & Location
24 Feb 2020, 09:45 – 16:00
Institute of Biomedical Science, 12 Coldbath Square, Farringdon, London EC1R 5HL, UK
About The Event
Workshop from Become Psychology
Workshop presented by Dr Robert Watson, Clinical Psychologist, Accredited Cognitive Analytic Therapist & Supervisor, & Vice-Chair of the Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy.
This will be the thirty fourth run of this popular and informative workshop. All previous participants rated the workshop as good or excellent, and rated their confidence in starting private practice as higher after attendance.
Workshop suitable for:
Clinical/Counselling Psychologists, and Psychotherapists/Counsellors
Setting up and running a successful private practice can be highly rewarding but it can be challenging. The workshop will help you to:
1. Build a narrative of confidence as a therapist in private practice, and guide you towards helpful ways of relating to your work and self-management.
2. Understand and address the issues that you will face in setting up, developing and running a successful private practice.
3. Learn about the practicalities of marketing and how to incorporate an evidence based approach to marketing (afternoon session allocated for this).
4. Understand data protection and how to make your practice GDPR compliant.
5. Know how to work ethically and safely including risk assessment.
6. Manage the demands on the self that come from working independently.
7. Nurture a stimulating workplace for yourself.
Whether you are considering starting private practice, or want to develop your existing private practice, this workshop will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for running a successful private practice i.e. obtaining work and making a living.
The workshop fee includes all course materials, and tea and coffee throughout the day. Coffee from 09.45 for 10am prompt start.
For more information and to book head over to eventbrite