Improving Relationships - at work, at home and in the community
Time & Location
About The Event
Training from the Human Givens College
Since every one of us has to deal with other people on a day-to-day basis, this course has something for everyone. Interpersonal relationships have always caused problems and anyone working with people, particularly counsellors and therapists, will know how tricky it can be assisting others in understanding and negotiating the many pitfalls involved. Conflict in the workplace and difficulties between people in the wider community decrease our effectiveness, take up precious time and cause a lot of heartache.
With a deeper understanding of what drives most problematic behaviour and the barriers to effective communication, it is possible to help people build more positive, respectful relationships, to manage their emotions, improve their communication skills and, importantly, to know when to call time on relationships that are harmful.
What will you learn:
- The causes of most interpersonal relationship problems and conflicts between people
- The key factors that help or hinder healthy relationships
- What influences our reactions to the problematic behaviour of others
- How to spot an unhealthy relationship – and what to do about it
- The role of secondary gains in driving our behaviour
- The impact emotions and stress have on our communication with others
- A clear framework that makes sense of problematic behaviour and helps you see beyond it
- Insights from neuroscience about important differences between people, and how these can affect their relationships
- Understanding bullying relationships and what to do about them
- How sibling rivalry and family jealousies can manifest in other group settings
- The value of a no-blame stance – and how to achieve it
- How to spot whether difficulties such as Asperger’s or Caetextia are causing confusion in a person’s relationships with friends, family or colleagues
- Ways to build better working relationships that increase motivation and co-operation in the workplace
- Knowing when it’s time to leave a friendship/relationship
- Improved social and communication skills – with people of all ages and different cultures
- A better understanding of ourselves and our own relationships
- A range of practical steps and techniques for helping yourself and others
- How to give relationships the best chance of succeeding – the key ingredients for a respectful, healthy and nurturing relationship
Who is this course suitable for?
Because human relationships are fundamental to everything we do, the information this course covers is of immense value to everyone – but particularly: psychotherapists, counsellors, HR professionals, mental health professionals, HR personnel, mediators, workplace wellness or wellbeing officers, GPs, social workers, outreach workers, lawyers, occupational therapists, health and welfare professionals, psychologists, teachers, school counsellors etc.
Price: £192 per person (inc. VAT, lunch, refreshments and course notes)
For more information and booking head to the Human Givens College Website HERE
Get 15% OFF - bring a friend or colleague with you and you’ll both receive 15% off the training fee. Simply call the Human Givens office team on 01323 811690 to book your place