Nurturing Mum - A Professionals Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Kate Blakemore, a person centred counsellor with her own private practice and experienced trainer for this 1 Day workshop.
Kate, the founder of Motherwell, a charity set up to support the mental health and wellbeing of mums has a plethora of experience in this area of work. Including, BA (hons) Business Management, Diploma in Counselling, Award in Teaching, Mentoring qualification, Reiki 2 qualified, Diploma in Fertility counselling, Accredited counsellor in infant Loss.
Motherwell offers counselling for new mums as well as running therapeutic courses for mums overwhelmed by motherhood. Kate and the team organise local events in the area, connecting and empowering mums, working on their sense of identity.
Kate, being a mum herself (of 3 children) is also motivated by her own experience. Having suffered Post Natal Depression with one child and a Traumatic birth with two children, she is very passionate about these topics.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Health professionals, Counsellors, social worker, family support workers, or any professionals involved with working with new mums. This course will help provide a clearer understanding of how to support new mums who are overwhelmed by motherhood or suffering from Post Natal Depression.
AIMS OF THE COURSE
On completion of the day you will have the ability to:
- Reflect on the challenges, changes and compromises that face motherhood.
- Explore the attachment theory and how this may affect the impact of the children growing up.
- Look at therapeutic approaches to working with new mums.
- Identify contributing factors to antenatal and postnatal depression and the women who are particularly vulnerable.
- Look at the effects having a child can have on relationships.
CPD HOURS - 6
COST - £90.00
Tea and coffee provided, lunch can be purchased from the café opposite.
Please email on email@example.com for more information