Sat, 16 Mar|
Second Annual Poole Conference - Young People In The 21st Century - 2019
Asking - What have we learned? & Where do we go from here? Join Iron Mill College, Poole, for this inspiring Conference, offering a day of workshops, talks and valuable networking opportunities set in the beautiful grounds of Canford School
Time & Location
16 Mar 2019, 09:00 – 17:30
Dorset, BH21, Canford Magna, Wimborne BH21 3AD, UK
About The Event
Following the success of their 2018 conference 'Promoting Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing in Young People' the Iron Mill College are holding their second 1 day conference for anyone committed to the mental health and wellbeing of young people.
Join Iron Mill College, Poole, for this inspiring Conference, offering a day of workshops, talks and valuable networking opportunities held in the impressive surroundings of Canford School near Wimborne, Dorset.
Including Special Guest Keynote Speakers / Presenters:
- Mick Cooper, internationally recognised authority in the field of counselling and psychotherapy and Professor of Counselling Psychology at University of Roehampton and
- Joanna Fortune, director of SOLAMH in Dublin.
Further contributions come from:
- Neil Young (Consultant & Facilitator at Neil Young Consultancy, specialising in Transgender issues) and
- Dr Sarah Hodge (lecturer in Psychology and Cyberpsychology at Bournemouth University).
Workshops will be provided by our keynote speakers and by
- Sean Flynn (Lecturer at Iron Mill College, specialising in Creative Arts Therapies and Counselling Children and Adolescents).
Who should attend?
Engage in valuable networking opportunities with a range of interdisciplinary professionals, including counsellors, therapists, teachers, pastoral care and mental health practitioners, youth workers, parents, carers and more.
- The day also includes lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Receive a certificate for 8 hours of CPD for attendees
Ticket Prices and Early Bird Offers:
Head to the Iron Mill College website HERE
Further information on lectures:
- Mick Cooper (Professor at University of Roehampton): 'School-based counselling in the UK: A review of the evidence'.
- Joanna Fortune (SOLAMH): 'Trauma, where whispers echo - exploring the inter-generational nature of trauma in families'.
- Dr Sarah Hodge (University of Bournemouth): ‘The psychological implications of technology use for children and adolescents'.
- Neil Young (Specialist Consultant & Facilitator): Who do we think we are and what do we want for ourselves? Lessons from re-emerging gender and sexual identities'.
- Mick Cooper (Professor at University of Roehampton): ‘Evaluating therapeutic work with children and young people'.
- Joanna Fortune (SOLAMH): ‘A brief experiential introduction to dyadic attachment therapy techniques'.
- Neil Young (Specialist Consultant & Facilitator): ‘Who do we think we are? Lessons from re-emerging gender and sexual identities'.
- Sean Flynn (Therapist & Lecturer): 'Using metaphor, gesture and the physical space of the therapy room to transfer sand-play experience into dialogic work’.
- For more information and BOOKING visit the Iron Mill College website HERE