Understanding Anorexia and Bulimia - How do we support and work with sufferers?
Time & Location
About The Event
These workshops offer you the opportunity to explore the 12 Step Addiction Model for working with anorexia and bulimia and to gain an understanding of how to integrate the core principles into your own practice.
Aims and Objectives:
To gain an understanding of the essential characteristics of Anorexia and Bulimia
To gain knowledge of the 12-step model for use in supporting sufferers and integrate key concepts into your practice
- What is an eating disorder?
- Characteristics of Anorexia/Characteristics of Bulimia (DSM V reference)
- Research – anorexia and addiction
- Cycle of addiction and its connection to anorexia/bulimia
- Anorexia/binge eating/bulimia – the triple threat
- Attachment Theory relating to eating disorders
- Invited speaker (anorexia/recovery journey)
- 12-step model and it correlation to the Nice Guidelines for working with eating disorders
- Steps 1-12 summarised
- Lily’s poem
Attendees receive a 5 hour CPD Certificate
Cost of workshop:
Full price - £75-00 per person per workshop
£68 to be paid before September 30th
£125 (for both workshops) if booked together with the 'Working Therapeutically With Obesity' workshop; to be paid before September 30th
Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Trainees, Students, Nurses, Nutritionists, Dieticians, Family Therapists, GP's, Youth Works, Personal Trainers, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Teachers
About Your Trainer:
Rochelle has 30 years of recovery from an eating disorder and is accredited through FDAP (Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals). She holds a Masters Degree in the Psychology of Addiction and over 15 years of working in the addiction field with all obsessive eating behaviours. Utilising and integrating Person Centred Techniques, Motivational Interviewing and CBT with the principles of the 12 Step Model. Working with both groups and one-to-one.