Sat, 01 Feb|
Whitstable, Kent CT5
Demystifying Creativity in the Therapy Room
This highly interactive and practical 1 day workshop, available in Whitstable is ideal for those who want to acquire specific skills for working creatively.
Time & Location
01 Feb 2020, 10:00 – 16:30
Whitstable, Kent CT5, Oxford St, Whitstable CT5 1DD, UK
About The Event
Training from the Iron Mill College
A highly interactive and practical workshop. Ideal for those who want to acquire specific skills for working creatively. This workshop is particularly aimed at counsellors, psychotherapists and those in helping professions who work therapeutically with others.
- This day is part of our Connection, Creativity and Community Programme, highlighting areas of our lives that support good mental health.
- The course will cover how to confidently introduce or develop creativity in your practice with any client group using craft materials, sand tray, games, metaphor, language, art materials and other media. Participants are encouraged to bring any materials they would like to explore using.
- No artistic talent required. An experiential day designed for participants to get hands-on and try things, with support in a non-judgmental, fun environment. There is no ‘right way’ to be creative and facilitators will give encouragement, ideas, advice and techniques designed to increase knowledge and confidence.
- The course will include exploration of case examples and application of learning to real client situations.
- It is intended that this day is entertaining, thought provoking, informative, immediately useful and FUN.
- This day is for anyone who wants to integrate a creative therapeutic approach into their therapy work to enhance, deepen & facilitate growth & change.
- There is absolutely no artistic talent or previous experience required. Suitable for experienced, beginning counsellors or trainees who want to experiment, gain confidence in working creatively and have fun learning.
Who should attend?
Iron Mill College's CPD workshops are open to anyone who is interested in the subject matter, wants to develop their skills and expand their knowledge. This workshop is particularly aimed at counsellors, psychotherapists and those in helping professions who work therapeutically with others.
For more detailed information and booking head to HERE