Fri, 02 Sept|
Healing Trauma with The Breath
Learn how the breath can be used to heal trauma and develop mental, physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Time & Location
02 Sept 2022, 10:00 – 16:00
About The Event
Do you know that you carry one of the most profound sources for healing right under your nose? Your own breath.
In this experiential training for Counsellors and Psychotherapists, you’ll discover how the breath can be used to heal trauma and other unresolved experiences held in the body.
As breathwork grows in popularity, this training will give you an understanding of the importance of breath for mental, physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing and how it can be used to compliment your existing practice.
What you will learn in this training:
- Understand the evolution of breathwork as a healing modality
- Using the breath to get centred, grounded and relaxed
- Understand the nature of suppression and how it relates to the breath
- How to heal trauma through breath and and body awareness
- Access powerful healing states through the breath that are ‘beyond words’
- Experience your own powerful breathwork session
- Understand when to suggest breathwork and what it can be used for
- Breathwork as a route to self knowledge and growth
- What to bring:
Have somewhere comfortable to sit or lie down with pillow and blankets so you can really relax and enjoy the breathwork session. Headphones can also enhance the experience if you have them, but are not essential.
Facilitator - John Paul Mason
John Paul is a breathwork facilitator based in Comrie, Perthshire who works with clients both online and in person as well as teaching breathwork as a process for personal development though online courses and events. He trained with various UK and international Breathwork teachers, holds a diploma in Rebirthing Breathwork and is a member of both the British Rebirthing Society and the International Breathwork Foundation. He specialties in helping clients resolve experiences of trauma and abuse but works also with relationship issues, repeating life patterns, anxiety, feeling stuck, finding self acceptance and spiritual fulfilment in life.
For more info and to book this training offered by Greenwood Events, head over to Eventbrite