Jessica Spenceley - Advanced Safeguarding & Child Protection
Time & Location
About The Event
This session is tailored to professionals who work with children and young people and have the designated responsibility of receiving and handling concerns that may arise within their client cohort.
The day will build on your knowledge base and help you to feel more informed and confident as you move forward in your practice. As well as being enriching, the workshop will be an empowering session where you will gain additional tools to elevate in your role as an advocate for vulnerable youth.
Please note: this is the equivalent of a Level 3 Safeguarding Training.
Aims and Objectives of the day:
- Review foundational concepts related to safeguarding and child protection
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a designated safeguarding professional
- Describe key legislation and guidance related to safeguarding and child protection
- Explore assessment skills and the role of communication in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Demonstrate an understanding around how to handle concerns, including complaints and allegations against staff
- Understand what happens after a referral is made
- Discuss multi-agency working
- Explore your relationship to the area of safeguarding and child protection, including the influence of your values
- Discuss case examples
The day will utilise an array of learning and teaching styles including small group discussions, multimedia methods, and lecture delivery.
Handouts, additional learning resources, and recommended reading will be provided.
Please note that this workshop discusses potentially emotive and triggering material, so please be mindful of your own wellbeing.
Jessica Spenceley is a highly experienced international therapist, social worker, and facilitator whose specialisms include trauma, grief, adoption, and safeguarding. She has a wealth of experience in health and social care settings utilising an integrative and relational model of practice providing direct services to children and families. Jessica has managed child protection and safeguarding services within the charity sector, and she is involved in work as a provider of therapeutic and assessment services, trainer, and leader in adoption support service development and implementation.
For more info and to book head over to Ticket Tailor
* Please note - The Sunflower Network does not record events for purchase or view at a later date. All our events are 'as live'. This is to safeguard the nurturing and contained environment we create online in order to maintain our culture of safe, private and supported interactivity and sharing.