Making Life Changes: Intuitive Vision Board workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
Training from the Human Givens College
Live training delivered online – Join family therapist and best-selling author Miriam Chachamu for her inspiring workshop, you will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and benefit from her extensive experience. All you need is a quiet place to watch, a computer or tablet and strong internet signal, the rest is easy: simply book your place as normal and we will email you details of how to join the Zoom workshop nearer the time.
NB The training will be recorded and made available for 2 weeks afterwards – in case anyone experiences technical difficulties on the day.
Why take this course
Are you living or working with children whose behaviour you sometimes find challenging? Do you feel like you have tried everything, and nothing works consistently? Maybe you are a psychotherapist working with adults who have concerns about their children and would like to be better placed to help?
Miriam Chachamu’s wide-reaching training day, which focuses mainly on children under the age of 11, offers an insight into children’s minds and gives you practical skills to communicate effectively with children and reduce emotional outbursts. You will also learn how children experience the world and what they really need from us to develop as mentally healthy individuals. Together with these psychological understandings, you will learn positive, practical communication skills that enable these needs to be met and help children become their best.
Using the insights and skills covered on this course, we can create an environment in which not only children but also the rest of the family, class or school can thrive.
What will you learn
- New research about children’s brain development and emotional wellbeing
- New insights into how children feel, think and understand our communication with them, which will increase cooperation and improve relationships – you may be surprised at what you find out!
- How difficult life events can shape a child’s mind – and what we can do to help
- A better understanding of difficult emotions, effective skills for dealing with them and preventing future emotional outbursts
- How our attempts to help sometimes backfire and what we could do instead
- How to prevent most temper tantrums and anger outbursts – and de-escalate the ones that do happen
- How to develop positive relationships with children
- The importance of meeting children’s innate emotional and psychological needs
- Healthy and lasting ways to engender self-esteem in children
- Practical skills for motivating children to be their best
- How to help children both spot and learn from their mistakes
- Typical obstacles that prevent children from learning and progressing – and how to remove them
- Relaxation and self-regulation skills
- How to know what is realistic to expect from each child
- New language skills for improving outcomes
- Tried and tested ways to prevent and manage difficult behaviour
- How to create an environment in which not only the child but the whole family flourishes
- The opportunity to discuss with a highly experienced tutor how you would bring all the new skills and knowledge together in a typical case history from your own practice
- plus Course notes and CPD Certificate
Who is this course suitable for?
- Teachers, social workers, therapists, and anyone else working with children who would like to gain a better understanding of their emotional needs, and have an insight into how children think and feel
- Anyone who interacts with children and would like to learn new positive and effective skills to connect with them and to motivate them to become their best.
- Therapists and parenting practitioners who are interested in empowering parents to become more confident and skilled in their parenting practices
- Parents who wish to improve their relationships with their children, reduce friction and increase harmony in the home
- Therapists and parenting practitioners who are interested in helping others develop positive relationships with their children or to communicate effectively with children and prevent emotional outbursts
- Anyone else who would like to have a better understanding of the world from a child’s perspective and discover how they can use this understanding to improve children’s behaviour and wellbeing
For more information and booking head to the Human Givens site HERE