Mon, 12 Aug|
Oaker Wood Leisure, HR6
The Comfy Chair 2019 - 3 Night Retreat for Trainee* and Qualified Counsellors
This exciting new three-night residential, celebrates diversity in the Counselling & Psychotherapy Community - Providing an immersive, community-based experience at a beautiful, outdoorsy venue.
Time & Location
12 Aug 2019, 11:30 – 15 Aug 2019, 10:30
Oaker Wood Leisure, HR6, Lugg Green Rd, Kingsland, Leominster HR6, UK
About The Event
The Comfy Chair 2019 is an exciting new event that provides an immersive, community-based experience at a beautiful, outdoorsy venue.
The ethos of Comfy Chair is to celebrate diversity within the therapeutic community; it provides the stage to bring together like-minded professionals that we might learn, grow and develop from each other, both as individuals and as professionals.
The Comfy Chair embraces the different stages of professional development and encourages communal solidarity across the different ways of working; which is needed now more than ever. Whether you are Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Jungian, Existential, Pluralistic, consider yourself a Counsellor, Psychotherapist or a Counselling-Psychotherapist, all voices are welcomed and valued.
Who is it for?
The Comfy Chair embraces all modalities and is suitable for both Trainee* and Qualified Counsellors alike.
Attendees should be comfortable sleeping in communal pods (8 beds per pod) and enjoy being outdoors, as where appropriate we will be making use of the gorgeous surroundings and conducting our workshops and talks in the fresh air.
Please note that this is a professional event and therefore only suitable for professionals and is not designed for the general public.
*Minimum qualification: Tickets are open to individuals who are: Enrolled on a Level 4 Diploma in Counselling, including those that have completed level 3 and are due to start Level 4. Qualified Counsellors are also very welcome to attend, and workshops will be differentiated to meet the various learning needs of attendees.
What will we do?
The workshops and talks will be experiential in nature, with plenty of opportunity for discussion and input from all involved.
- Workshops that provide an opportunity to share your approach to Counselling / Psychotherapy. By exploring various ways of working, sharing our own thoughts, experiences and generally celebrating the diversity of our vocation, we hope that everyone will all walk away with something new.
- Several opportunities for quiet reflection and peer support.
- Discussion and talks on a number of relevant subjects.
- Opportunities for professional networking throughout, as well as a chance to make some new friends!
- Downtime: A chance to socialise and spend time with like-minded, as well as hopefully, different minded individuals!
- A CPD certificate worth 15 hours (for most of us, that’s half the year sorted)
Activities will commence at 1pm on the 12th August however guests are welcome to arrive any time after 11:30 am to find your room and get settled in.
For more information on the Speakers and BOOKING options head to the Comfy Chair Website