The Official Introduction to Transactional Analysis
Time & Location
About The Event
Training from the Iron Mill College
Who should attend?
Of interest to anyone who wants to learn about the key concepts and theories of transactional analysis (TA), as a way of understanding what makes people tick.
- A stand-alone course, with a standardised syllabus agreed by international TA organisations, recognised by the European Association of Transactional Analysis (EATA) and the International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA). Participants will be awarded an officially recognised TA 101 certificate on completion.
- Also offers a taster for longer TA psychotherapy courses at Iron Mill College and is a pre-requisite for those who wish to go on to study TA at an advanced level.
- TA theory provides ways of looking at ourselves and our relationships, as a way of understanding the ways we communicate and the repeating patterns we get into. It can be applied in counselling and psychotherapy, in organisations and in education.
- TA is a social psychology with a depth of theory on: Personality - how people are structured psychologically and the impact this has on their thinking, feeling and behaviour; Communication - how we interact (transact) with one another and within organisations; and Human Development – how, through interactions with individuals and our environment, our personality develops through childhood and later.
- Explores the concepts of Ego States, Transactions, Psychological Games, Life Scripts and more. Uses examples from daily life and simple group exercises, allowing participants to discuss how they can use TA theory to think about themselves and their interactions with others.
Upcoming Exeter workshops:
- Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th January 2020, 9.30am - 5pm.
- Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th May 2020, 9.30am - 5pm.
Upcoming Poole workshops:
- Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st June 2020, 9.30am - 5pm.
For more detailed information and booking head to HERE