Sat, 06 Jul|
Working Creatively - Creative Tools to add to your Therapeutic Toolbox
Join the NW Counselling Hub and discover why working creatively works for you and your clients in this 100% experiential day from the moment the course begins..
Time & Location
06 Jul 2019, 10:00 – 16:00
Lincoln, LN3, Crofton Rd, Lincoln LN3 4NL, UK
About The Event
Training from NWCH
A 100% experiential day from the moment the course begins! Discover why working creatively works for you and your clients.
Sarah Barker is a BACP Accredited Counsellor and Supervisor, with over 20 years’ experience as a counsellor and trainer, underpinned with an MSc in Counselling, BSc Hons in Social Psychology and a Certificate in Person-Centred Art Therapy Skills. She also qualified as an EMDR and Mindfulness practitioner and integrates these into her work.
Sarah led Hull College’s counselling service for 14 years, served as a counsellor and trainer throughout the UK for CRUSE bereavement care for 7 years, counselled in a range of GP surgeries and now owns a successful private practice.
Throughout her career as a Humanistic Therapist and Supervisor, Sarah has focussed on using creative methods, recognising the depth of expression and opportunity for insight that working creatively can bring.
Sarah’s workshop is 100% experiential, from the moment training begins! You will gain personal insight into your own creativity (or lack of!), and understand how to incorporate this you’re your counselling practice. You will not be watching Sarah present to a PowerPoint. Instead, she will be challenging you to think and work creatively, whilst linking theory to practice to unravel why and how this can help your clients.
The day will incorporate:
- Creative introductions
- How creative are you?
- A range of creative exercise to use with clients (and to learn about self!)
- Working with resistance to creativity and breaking down barriers
You will gain an understanding what working creatively feel like for your clients. Plus, you will learn so much about yourself that your own creativity on the day (or lack of!) will reveal. This workshop provides a fun and informative way of working creatively, aiding your professional and personal development, and adding tools to your therapeutic toolbox.
Testimonials to Sarah’s workshops include:
- the workshop was beautifully delivered and a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
- a very enjoyable, interactive and thought provoking workshop. I came away with a plethora of useful techniques I can use to enhance my work.
- I cannot recommend the creative training highly enough. Facilitated by Sarah, the training was fun and very informative. Sarah’s facilitation is captivating and empowering.
- Thoroughly enjoyed the creative training day, it gave me new ways to work creatively with clients and insight into myself which I hadn’t planned on gaining. I highly recommend this course as lots of learning can be gained.
For further details and booking please head to NWCH