Thu, 25 Mar|
Working with Online Modalities - 4 Part Workshop Series with Sarah Carcillo
This 4-part series of 3-hour online 'live-classroom' workshops covers all major aspects of working remotely in counselling and psychotherapy
Time & Location
25 Mar 2021, 18:00 – 21:00
About The Event
Training from the Iron Mill College
This 4-part series of 3-hour online 'live-classroom' workshops covers all major aspects of working remotely in counselling and psychotherapy. The course comprises 100+ hours of study in total, the bulk of which is addressed by independent guided learning, and 12 hours of which are online experiential teaching and learning delivered via our live online classrooms.
The independent guided learning includes 70 hours of worksheets that will ensure you are well equipped to work online, telephone and text safely. This course addresses all 8 modules of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) telephone counselling requirements, but please note that it is not intended to be an exact replica of the BACP curriculum. The course will equip you with the skills you need to work safely online, and by phone and text.
- Part 1: Thursday 25th March, 6pm - 9pm
- Part 2: Thursday 1st April, 6pm - 9pm
- Part 3: Thursday 8th April, 6pm - 9pm
- Part 4: Thursday 15th April, 6pm - 9pm
Aims and Learning Objectives:
By the end of the course you will have increased your knowledge, understanding and ability to:
- understand the psychological processes relevant to offering telephone and e-counselling.
- assess suitability for telephone and e-counselling.
- identify and manage risk when telephone/e-counselling.
- communicate with clients when telephone/e-counselling.
- establish “ground rules” and boundaries when telephone/e-counselling.
- direct clients to supplementary online therapeutic resources.
- conclude the therapeutic relationship.
- engage in supervision of telephone and e-counselling.
- assessment of risk and risk management. Please note this module will be completed after the online classroom training has finished. Certificates will not be issued until this part has been successfully completed.
- Although this course is not accredited, it will enable you to address all core competencies set out by BACP.
This course is aimed at Counsellors, Clinical Supervisors and qualified Coaches.
Applicants will need to have qualified, or be attending a recognised counselling qualification, in which case they must be either in placement or about to start placement.
What will I need to attend?
You will need access to a computer, and good internet is essential. We ask that you use headphones and have access to a private space when attending live sessions.
This course will be run 100% online.
*Please note: Ticket Sales end at least 3-hours before the event starts.
For more detailed information and booking head to the Iron Mill College via EventBrite HERE